Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Life of a two year old

This is a typical picture of Brayden sleeping. He has to have a whole mouthful of blankie in his mouth. As a baby Brayden never liked binkies or sucked his thumb. Around eight or nine months her started to have an attachment to this blue blanket. Before you know it he started sucking the corners of this blanket causing me to have to cut the corners and wash his blanket every few days. Brayden does not call his blanket "blankie" he calls it "ditty" and we have no idea where he came up with that name. I have tried weening him off his blankie. My mother in law found another blue blanket at a garage sale and we started to give him that blanket. We feared if we ever lost the original blanket my nights of sleep would be over. As time went on Brayden realized there were two blankets so when I now put him to bed he has to have both "ditties." The strange thing is he only sucks the corners of the original blanket. I guess one tastes better then the other! He looks so peaceful when he sleeps.
















The other day I walked towards the entryway and found Brayden reading a book on the stairs. He was smart to grab a pillow. I guess this will be his new reading spot!!
















The other night my sister in law Heather and I went running. When we returned we found the kitchen floor covered in margarine. I think Brayden thought there were cookies inside because of the picture on the box. I looked to see where Jeff was and sure enough he was on the computer and Brayden was watching TV. I asked Jeff if he saw Brayden get into the fridge and he said no. I showed Jeff the kitchen floor. Jeff was not thrilled about cleaning this mess. I guess Brayden really thought the cookies were somewhere inside the margarine. Who can blame the two year old. (Excuse the grout. We are renting a steam cleaner next week to clean all the tile and grout.)


6 comments:

Nik said...

That is so sweet! What a cute little boy! I love all the little "quirks" that develop with their cute personalities. Two year olds are certainly busy!

Kristi said...

Ha ha! How cute. We miss you guys a lot! I still haven't heard yet on whether I got the job with Lilly. I'm crossing my fingers.

Grasteit Family said...

Sooooo cute!!!! Shoot, I wished Wesley would love to read instead he's a "couch potatoe"! The margarine...haha...Oh how we love those memories!!!!!!How are you? Call me sometime lets catch up! Love ya!

The first song on your blog, makes me want to "shake my bootie"=)

Raina said...

What a busy boy!

DixieJo said...

Ohhhhh - so been there.

Dallin's Closet said...

Dallin has the same outfit on today...too funny!