Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holiday Spirit

Last night for mutual all the youth wrapped presents for kids who would not normally have Christmas. This program is called Elf Louise. I participated last year and loved it, so I had to make sure I would be in town for this activity this year. We found out that through this program 25,000 kids will receive presents Christmas morning. The youth loved this activity as well as all the leaders. It truly puts you in the Christmas spirit.

Last Wednesday I had the opportunity to be in charge of the Miamaids for mutual. We made ginberbread houses. The girls were very creative. We had a blast making them. We made the houses with graham crackers and juice boxes. I felt like a little kid again. My memories of elementary school came back to me. I really enjoyed making these houses. I think I will try and make a tradition of making these houses each year with Brayden and my future children to come. Tonight I will be flying out to AZ. I guess you could say my Christmas breaks starts tonight!!!




No comments: