Saturday, November 7, 2009

Baby Brielle is here!!!

Brielle Elizabeth Fuller was born Tuesday Nov. 3rd at 9:40 p.m. in the evening. She weighed 5lbs 14 oz. and was 19.5 inches long. She came 3 weeks and 2 days early. This was a lot earlier then what we were expecting but baby and mom are doing fine. We were released from the hospital yesterday afternoon. Jeff and I are so grateful Heavenly Father has sent this sweet spirit to us.

These pictures were all taken at the hospital. I want to write about her birth for journalling purposes so you may want to scroll down to the pictures if you do not want to read about her birth.

I have had so many overwhelming feelings about this pregnancy. Jeff and I have wanted another little one in our home for quite sometime. I can hardly believe she is here.

About two weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night with some bleeding. I called the on call doctor and she told me it was probably no big deal but to continue to watch the quantity. The next morning the bleeding continued so Jeff and I called the on call doctor and she told me to go into labor and delivery to get checked out since it was a Saturday morning. At the hospital they checked the babies heart rate and checked to see if I was contracting. Here heart rate was good and I was not having any contractions so the doctor did not seem to worried. She asked if I had placenta previa and I told her that at my 22 week ultrasound we did not see any signs of placenta previa. She said my stomach was soft so I was not having a placenta eruption. She checked to see if I was dilated but I was not so she told me that the bleeding was probably caused by my bowel movement I had in the middle of night. She said the BM probably caused my uterus to shift. Jeff and I accepted this theory and went home.

On Tuesday Oct. 27th I went in to see my doctor told her about what had happened Saturday. She thought the bleeding was strange but accepted the on call doctors theory. She was in a hurry to help deliver a 25 week old baby by c-section so she did my strep B test and hurried out the door.

Tuesday Nov. 3rd I woke up and took Brayden to preschool, went by a friends house to look at paint, and then I headed to the nail salon to get a pedicure. I am so glad I pampered myself Tuesday morning because little did I know what was to come. After my pedicure I picked up pizza. As I was paying for the pizza I felt clots of blood coming out. I called Jeff and rushed home. We called my doctor and she told me to come in ASAP.

My doctor did an ultrasound and told Jeff and I she wanted a perinatologist to a more detailed ultrasound. She told us to check into labor and delivery. The last thing my doctor asked me is if I had eaten lunch yet. Luckily I had grabbed a piece of pizza on my way out the door. I had a feeling she asked me that just in case I had to have an unscheduled c-section.

Jeff joked on the way to hospital "Wouldn't it be great if we have the baby today." I did not want this because I did not feel prepared. My baby shower was scheduled for Wednesday night. Her baby room was still not done and my house was not organized completely the way I wanted it. I had not completed my nesting.

We went in and had the ultrasound. The doctor confirmed I had placenta previa. She said my placenta was completely covering my cervix and that I would definitely have to have a c-section. She said that Brielle was measuring about six pounds and looked healthy. She recommended we just get the baby out but she would let my doctor decide if she wanted to wait a day or two.

She talked to my doctor and the on call doctor and they decided they wanted to get the baby out at 9:15 that night. I cried. I felt so overwhelmed and scared. I did not want c-section. I also could not believe I would miss the baby shower by one day. After a few phone calls from family and friends my spirits were uplifted. I had two hours to prepare myself for the c-section.

I went for the c-section at 9:15 p.m. and by 9:40 p.m. Brielle was out. She had lots of dark hair and had a distinct girlie cry. Jeff and I cried tears of joy. My spinal worked great I did not feel a thing. I am so grateful for pain meds and modern technology. While they stitched me up Jeff went with Brielle to the nursery. I did not feel any pain until I was in the recovery room. That is where I started to throw up and feel severe stomach pain. Somehow I made it through the night.

I am so grateful that Heavenly Father allowed us to find out I had placenta previa before I went into active labor. Brielle and my life would have been at risk if I had gone into active labor. I know angels were watching out for her and I.

Many family and friends have called and visited. Jeff and I have felt so loved by others.

Jeff is all suited up to go in the operating room.

This is Brielle right after she was born. We could not believe how much hair she had.


This is Brielle being weighed. She did not even make it to 6 pounds.



Brielle is finally all cleaned up.

I love being able to put bows in her hair. Girls are so much fun.

Brielle already has her Daddy wrapped around her little fingers.
Grandma Jill and Aunt Heather with Brielle.
This was the first time Brayden met Brielle.
Aunt Sue and Uncle Larry drove out from Houston to come to the baby shower but they got to meet Brielle instead. Larry and Sue also painted the babies room for me while they were here. Thank you so much guys.

7 comments:

Castle Family said...

So excited for you Ang! She is beautiful and looks healthy despite how early she came! Congrats!

Unknown said...

I just wish we could do a quick trip out to see you all for the blessing like we did for the lastone. Shes a cutie!

top knot extensions said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! and she is beautiful!!!

Melissa said...

congrats... that is so exciting for you guys. im so glad that she is heealthy and that the c-section went well. I love her name too :) she looks so beautiful.

Nik said...

Congratulations guys! We are so happy for you! She is healthy and beautiful. Glad you are all doing well! -Mike and Nikki

Raina said...

We are so happy for you!!!! I didn't even remember you were pregnant but I haven't been blogging for a while. Love the pics! Congrats, such a cute little girl!

Brandon and Rebecca Fuller said...

I just found out at grandmas house on Thanksgiving that you had your beautiful little girl. How precious!!! We are so thrilled for you guys! I know there are many wonderful blessings in store for you all. Love Becca