Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Child's Prayer

Brayden is growing up so fast. He loves trucks, cars, and boats. I took this picture of Brayden on Jeff's parents boat last week. This is a typical Brayden smile.

A week ago (July 11th to be exact) Brayden said his first prayer all by himself. I wanted to write down what he said. It was a Saturday night and we had just come into the house from swimming. Brayden wanted eggs because he was hungry. I made him eggs and he informed me we needed to say prayer. I asked him if he wanted to say prayer. He started by saying "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless the eggs, please bless mummi" and then he said "Dear" and paused. He said "Dear" again and then I said "in the " and he finished the prayer with Jesus Christ amen.

My heart was so touched to here him say a prayer all by himself. He even remembered to pray for my mom who is fighting stomach cancer. My mom is from Finland and in Finland mummi is how you say grandma. I can't believe how fast he is growing. Next year he will be a sunbeam.

I am so grateful for the power of prayers . I know Heavenly Father hears our prayers. Whether we are 29 or 3 years old he will always listen to us. Tuesday my mom goes in for a catscan to see if her cancer is gone. We are hoping for good news and it would be a great birthday gift for her since her birthday is Wed. July 22nd.





Last Sunday I had Jeff take a picture of me so I can show this baby what I looked like at 20 weeks. The belly has finally popped. I am more than halfway there. Thanksgiving can't come soon enough!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's about time we hear from you guys!