Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer fun 2009!!!

Well this summer has definitely been hotter than normal. I am starting to feel like I am back in AZ. To keep cool this summer we have been swimming and taking weekly lake trips. Brayden could swim all day if we let him. He doesn't even mind swimming all by himself. He is jumping off the diving board all by himself. He still has to swim with a life vest on but hopefully next summer he can swim all by himself. My baby is getting so big! Jeff's parents live right on Lake McQueeny in Seguin TX. Their place is beautiful. They just got done remodeling their house. I will post pictures later of the before and after. Now that it is summer we have been going boating almost every Thursday. Jeff's family is a boating family. You cannot be a Fuller without knowing how to wake board. Jeff has been wake boarding for 14 years. He can do lots of flips and tricks on his wake board. He is so fun to watch. In this picture Jeff is doing an air raley. In the second picture Jeff is in mid air doing a toe side back roll. I am itching to wake board but I guess I will have to wait until next summer.

















Brayden has this new obsession with sunglasses. Here is Brayden and his Aunt Heather on the boat. Brayden refused to smile or look at me when I took this picture.

Last week I went to girls camp. This year I was called to be the ward camp leader. I had so much fun at camp. This is my second year in a row going. My only complaint about camp was the 100 degree weather but luckily we had a pool to swim in. I spent most of my afternoons in the pool. I love the YW in our ward. They are awesome. Here are some pictures of the girls in their skit costumes. Our skit was called the "Seven Trials of the Seven Seas." Hannah our modest righteous mermaid is tempted by the bully bruces, lazy lobsters, crabby crabs, greedy pirates, cheating school of fish, immodest mermaids, and the Hollywood "star fish." She upholds and influences all of them to live her standards. Here is a picture of the bully bruces. They tempted Hannah to try some "coral" light and "sea"weed.

Hannah is the girl in the orange shirt. She made all of the mermaid tops. In the skit the immodest mermaids have the tankini part rolled up so the top looks like a bikini. Hannah teaches them that you do not have to show off your stomach to feel beautiful. She then pulls down the top on each girl to make it a tankini. If anyone wants a copy of the skit just ask and I can email it to you.
The theme for camp this year was "Catch a Wave of Righteousness." Each young women and leaders signed this wave banner. We took a picture of the girls holding the banner the last day of camp. The stake leaders are going to mail the banner to the Young Women General Presidency and tell them that our girls are riding the wave of righteousness and will continue to ride the righteous waves. We all had so much fun!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We miss you guys!!