Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad and New Calling!!

Yesterday was my Father's Birthday. I wish I could have been in Arizona to celebrate with my family. I guess now that I live 1000 miles away I will not be able to make it to all special family events. I want my Father to know how grateful I am for everything you have done for me these past 27 years. You have been a great teacher and example for me. I love you. Happy Birthday!!
Earlier this week Jeff got a call from the first counselor asking to meet with Jeff on Sunday. This morning Jeff and I made bets on what calling he might be receiving. To our surprise Jeff has been called to be the 1st counselor in the Young Men's. The new YM President just moved here and he is a professional ballet dancer! Chris has danced in the the movies Centerstage, Saved the Last Dance and Step Up. I can't wait to meet and talk with him. Jeff is super excited to be working with the youth again. He has been teaching Sunday School the past year so he already knows the Teachers he will be in working with. Now all Jeff and I got to do is figure out how to jugle Brayden on mutual nights since we both work with the youth. We will make it work.
(These pictures were taken at the San Antonio Temple last summer.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet. Happy Birthday to George! I can't wait to go to that temple :) Tell Jeff we have the same calling except I'm 1st Counselor in the YW. He will be so good at it and we can share ideas! Can't wait to see you guys...only 1 more month!!!