Tuesday, April 15, 2008

YW Lesson

This past Sunday I had the opportunity to teach the young women. The topic I was given was preparing to be an eternal companion. I have known for a while I was going to be teaching this lesson, so it had been on my mind for quite sometime. I wanted to make sure that in some way I could help these girls understand the importance of preparing now to be a future wife and mother. Thanks to sugardoodle.net I was able to get great ideas on how to present this lesson. I started out by giving the girls a paper that said "resume for my future husband." I had the girls list qualities they wanted in their future husband. After a few minutes we shared our ideas. Then I had the girls cross out husband and write in wife. From there I explained that boys/men are looking for qualified women too, and that now is the time to prepare. We talked about how they can prepare physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and socially. I feel the lesson went well and I pray they can apply the things that they have learned into their lives. Ironically everytime I give a lesson or talk in church I always feel there is something the Lord feels I need to realize or learn as well. This lesson made me realize that even after we get married we still need to prepare and work on becoming a better person in all of these areas mentioned above . I know I have so many things I need to improve on, but I am grateful that Jeff can look past my weeknesses and see the potential I have. I feel the Lord gives us a marriage to help one another overcome our weeknesses so that we can return to him. I just wanted to let Jeff know how grateful I am for him. I appreciate all you do for me and our family. I love you.

3 comments:

Grasteit Family said...

Angela, you have no idea how your example and words just helped me . Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Very well said. I have never thought of it that way but your absolutely right...the Lord gives us a marriage so we can each overcome our weaknesses throughout the marriage. That is so true! I love how the Lord has many ways in speaking to us and teaching a lesson is definitely one of them. He is so brilliant. I love you so much Ang and I know you are a wonderful wife to Jeffy poo!!! You teach me so much and you don't even realize it! Love you bunches and bunches!!! :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'll probably be posting something very much the same in a few weeks after my YW Lesson.