Friday, April 25, 2008

A Wonderful YW Evening!

For the past five months I have been working in Young Women's as the Personal Progress Leader. Along with being responsible for helping the girls complete their Personal Progress, I am in charge of putting together Young Women's Recognition. I really wanted this to be a special night for the girls who were receiving their medallions, and for the rest of the Young Women. We as leaders decided it would be nice to honor all the Young Women. I found these pretty austrian crystal earrings at Serendipity. To tie in the earrings my mother in law helped me write this quote. "We want you to always remember you are a Daughter of a King. We hope that you will wear these earrings as a reminder of who you are. They represent the jewels in your crown. They reflect many different colors which represent your YW Values. Please continue to be valiant and obedient to your Heavenly Father. If you do you will receive your crown in the Celestal Kindom." The quote of the night was "O, Be True to Who You Are... A Daughter of a King." I was very pleased with how the night went. I think all the Young Women felt special.






My friend Kristi had these runners made for our Relief Society Birthday Party last month. She decorated the party so pretty. I asked her if we could use the runners for YW Recognition. I love how the runners look so classy. I found the cute boxes at Ross. I love pink and black. I guess that's why my wedding was pink and black. For one of Jessica's projects she drew this cool picture of In N Out Burger. She grew up in California so she really misses their burgers since you can't get one in Texas. I miss them too.



















Our Laurel President Lisa did a cool project where she gave every YW in the San Antonio Temple District little pieces of granite that were left over from the construction of the temple. She put the pieces in those little white envelopes with the San Antonio Temple sticker and ribbon on them. She also included a quote reminding the YW to not take the Temple For"Granite." This was her way of letting all 3000 YW feel they had a piece of the temple. I loved it.















Lindsey is my little Beehive who had set the goal of completing her Personal Progress before she turned 13, and she did it! I could not believe it. This girl is awesome. I can't wait to see what she will be like as a Laurel. For one of her projects she typed up 73 of her mother's recipes and put them in a book. Then she cooked some of the meals for women in the ward who just had babies over spring break. These girls are such an inspiration to me.






















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...Your YW are super over achievers...isn't it funny how they are the examples to us...shouldn't it be the other way around?! I love the YW...they really bring a smile to my face. I am so happy that the night turned out great for you. I love the decorations, they really turned out beautiful. I like the quote that Jill wrote too. How fun. I'll be doing my BIG lesson all week this coming week so I might be calling you for advise...but I am definitely going to check out sugardoodle! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I love that you like to blog too. Thanks for the help tonight...you guys are the best!

Janae