Friday, January 22, 2010

Brielle's Blessing Day

Originally one of the main reasons why we were going to go out to AZ for Christmas break was to bless Brielle at my parents house so my mom could be there with us. We had scheduled it for Christmas Eve and we still continued with those plans even with my mom passing. It was a beautiful day and I felt the presence of my mother very strong. It is a day I will never forget.

Our close family and loved ones came to my parents house at two o'clock Christmas Eve. We sang Families can be together forever, had an opening prayer given by my father, a musical number by Brielle's Aunt Heather, Great Grandma Smith, and Grandpa Clare. Then Brielle was given her baby blessing.

Things I want to write for journal purposes are the names of the people who stood in the circle. (Daddy Jeff, Grandpa George, Grandpa Clare, Uncle Brian, Uncle Mark, Uncle Bryan, Cousin Jake, Cousin Andrew, Great Uncle Larry, and Great Grandpa Smith.)

Things that I remember from the blessing were it talked about her being a very valiant spirit. She will do well in school and with learning, it will come easy to her. She will one day marry in the temple.

After the blessing we had a wonderful lunch. My dad made his yummy enchiladas.

Brielle slept the entire afternoon. She was an Angel and I am so grateful Heavenly Father sent her to me at this time in my life. I can only hope Brielle and I will be as close as my mom and I were. Here are some of the pictures we took of this special day.





This picture was taken right after her blessing. You can see tears in Jeff's eyes.





Brielle with Grandpa George and my siblings.
Brielle with Grandpa Clare and Jeff's brothers.

Brielle and the Fuller girls.

My best friend Janae' allowed me to borrow her daughters blessing dress. Janae was blessed in this dress as well. With my mom so sick and planning the funeral I never got the chance to really shop for a dress for Brielle. I was so grateful for Janae'. Here we are together. As you can see Brielle was sick of taking pictures.

No comments: