Thursday, October 21, 2010

1st spoon feeding

With Brayden I was so excited to start feeding him solids. I started the rice cereal at four months, fruit at five months and vegetables at six. With Brielle I got smart and decided there is no rush to start her on solids. I was going to keep life more simple for me and wait till six months to feed her solids.

At Brielle's 4 month checkup that happened at 5 and 1/2 months, my pediatrician asked me how often she was eating solids. I told him I had not started. He was not very happy with me and told me to start her on rice cereal ASAP. He explained to me that babies that start spoon feeding at six months are more likely to have speech problems and food allergies.

So that night I gave in and started her on solids. This was Brielle's expression the first few bites...............
Here is what she looked liked towards the end of her feeding.

Happy as can be. I think she realized this stuff wasn't so bad after all.

No comments: