Thursday, October 21, 2010

May Birthdays

The month of May is crazy for us because Jeff, Brayden, my sister-in-law Heather, my nephew Bradly, and I all have May Birthdays!
Brayden turned four on May 29th. I can't believe he will be in kindergarten in one more year. This year Brayden decided he wanted a cars party. I was grateful he picked an easy theme. Every year for my kids birthday I have a tradition where I make them a fun homemade birthday cake. My mother-in-law found a website called cutest homemade birthday cakes. This website shows you pictures of homemade cakes others have made with all sorts of themes. This website was our inspiration for Brayden's race track cake.

Jill and I stayed up way to late decorating this cake, but it was all worth it when I saw the expression on Brayden's face the next morning. Here are some pictures of the cake.

The race track was made out of chocolate frosting and crushed Oreo cookies. The road lines were made out of white good and plenty. The tire fence was made out of lifesavers. I printed the traffic signs from the internet. The best part about the cake was it tasted so good because it was a homemade with homemade cheesecake frosting.

Brayden invited five friends over for his birthday. We played pin the tire on the car, red light green light, the bean bag dance, and animal action. After pizza, cake, and presents we went swimming. Brayden had a blast.





Jeff and I are one day a part. I am one day older and this year we both turned 30! I can't believe we are 30. I still feel like I am 18. For my Birthday Jeff took me out for breakfast and then we did a little shopping. Later that night we went on a triple date with our good friends Courtney and Jared and Lacy and Jason. We ate at Red Robin and then went and saw the iron man 2 movie. We had a blast. Mother's day was Jeff's Birthday so we just had a little family party. I am so glad Jeff and I get to share our birthday's together. It is one big party all week!

No comments: